Definition of International Student Status:
- Students are considered international if they are not US citizens. Any applicant that does not possess a US birth certificate or a US passport must apply as an international student.
What are the criteria for acceptance?
- PJP accepts a limited number of international students each year. Each student is reviewed and accepted based on Academic and English qualifications. They must demonstrate strong English skills.
- Once an International student has applied for admission to PJP and if the grades indicate that the student would be likely to be successful studying at the High School level in a different language to their native language (generally A's and perhaps one or two B's), we would offer to meet the student in a Skype or in person interview. The interview consists of conversation followed by a basic assessment of the student's listening, reading writing and speaking skills. If the student's performance in the interview indicates that they have the skills to work in an all-English classroom, the Vice-Principal for Academics in collaboration with the Principal have the final decision with respect to making an offer to the student.
- The above process can usually be accomplished in 7-10 working days (depending on the student's availability for interview).
APPROVED AGENCIES REQUIREMENT
through the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET)
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia states that students must come to the US with a CSIET approved agency or they must live with a blood relative (this relationship must be notarized). No exceptions can be made.
STEP 1: Apply for Admission Now!
Documents Required For Application (Required when submitting your Online Application)
- ELITS/TOEFl Score
- Final Transcripts from previous years up to and including current year
- Copy of Passport
- Student Essay (In English)!
- Submit a one page, double-spaced, typed essay using Microsoft word or PDF.
- Answer the following question: Why do you want to attend an American high school like Pope John Paul II High school?
STEP 3: APPLICATION FEE
Submit your non-refundable $250.00 Application Fee either:
- Online Payment Now! Click Here to pay online.
- Or make your check payable to Pope John Paul II High School,
Mail to the following address:
The PJP Tuition & Bursar Office
181 Rittenhouse Road
Royersford, PA 19468
STEP 4: Interview Scheduled
- Once a completed admissions application, supporting documents and your non-refundable application fee are recieved then an online video interview will be scheduled with the student applicant and school administration.
- Please understand an interview does not guarantee acceptance.
STEP 5: YOU'RE ACCEPTED
- If accepted, the student/ agency will receive an acceptance letter and I20 information that will provide detailed information regarding next steps.
- The I-20 Checklist and supporting documentation is completed by the student and/or their family. In order to apply for the VISA. Once the school receives the I-20, it will be express shipped to the student and their family to their native country. This will allow ample time to apply for a VISA.
The School Nurse needs a copy to confirm that all shots are up-to-date for all international applicants.
The documents listed below must be uploaded by August 1.
Agency Information CSEIT/Guardian Information
Must provide a U.S. Address by August 1.
Pope John Paul II offers rolling admission. PJP accepts application from the first day of the school year. August 15 is the deadline for the upcoming School Year. Please note: it takes a few weeks to receive an I20 and Visa.
Send a non-refundable check via mail to Lisa Gaynor, Tuition & Bursar at
181 Rittenhouse Road Royersford, PA 19468
Tuition & Fees
Tuition payments begin June 15. If you should have any questions about tuition, you can reach out to Lisa Gaynor. 484-975-6500 x 3066 email@example.com
Each student is required to read two books this year for summer reading. Please read the appropriate books for each grade before the first day of school. The file will be posted in the Spring.
Sara Cooper, Director of Admissions
484.975.6500 (ext. 3033)